Wednesday, February 7, 2018

OUGD602 - Personal Branding - Aims & Deliverables


In one the Spy Studios task I attempted to try and get a placement. The approach taken was to research into their style of work, produce something personal and send it to them with a message about myself. This tactic did work as I managed to get a response from the studio; however, due to my email being set up incorrectly on my phone I did not see the message for over a week. This has since been resolved but was a big learning curve.

The message received from Spy was very positive and they asked to see my portfolio, which I sent over; but, looking back, the portfolio was lacking in new content and work that really reflected my practice and style. The message itself highlighted one clear aspect that needed to be resolved - 'your website doesn't work'. In response to this I built my own website in Adobe Muse. This was submitted for one of this module's tasks where I received a fairly low grade. This was very understandable looking back - the project pages weren't complete, there was no information about myself on the website whatsoever and the responsiveness was very buggy.

Because of these experiences, I have learnt that I really need to improve my online prescence, portfolio and stationary. The Spy task did highlight that getting a response from studios is fairly straightforward when considered carefully; therefore, for this personal branding project I aim to focus on the aspects that really needed to be developed. I already have a logo that is personal to me, unique and, I feel, represents my practice. For this reason, the deliverables that I am going to produce in this project are as follows:

A fully functioning website that works on mobile, tablet and desktop devices. This should include all up-to-date projects and an information section about myself. As I have a lot of motion work, GIFs and videos must be able to be embedded.

• An up-to-date Behance profile.
• An up-to-date Linkedin profile.
• An email footer.
• An invoice template for all freelance work.
• An up-to-date CV.
• Business cards that link to my portfolio.
• My own brand guidelines.

I aim to complete these over the following week and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment