Monday, February 26, 2018

OUGD602 - Meeting With Stu Chapman (Utopia Productions) & Arranging A Placement


Back in January I got in touch with Stu Chapman about potentially doing a week placement at his company Utopia Productions. He told me that he was very busy at the time and that I should contact him again in a month or two. To raise the question again I rang him again last week. He told me that he has just got a new client that will want some motion work to be done in a month. He asked if we could meet up to see some of my work. As he needed to be in Knightsbridge for a meeting with the Pirelli Calendar team I suggested that we meet at The Brompton cafe.

The catch up went really well. We are both very enthusiastic about music, video and design, therefore we had a great conversation about work and industry. He explained that he thinks using young creatives is vital as they are more up to date with current matters. He talked me through the client and project that he had recently been given and we discussed potential placement dates that worked for the both of us. In the end it has been agreed that I will do a placement with him commencing the week of the 9th April. He explained that he wants me to work on the live motion graphics for a corporate company. I will therefore have to allocate a week for this placement. I am going to have to re-evaluate the briefs that I am going to do in the OUGD603 module as this gives me one less week to complete the required work.

No comments:

Post a Comment