Tuesday, February 27, 2018

OUGD602 - Getting In Contact With Smith Dawson & Arranging A Placement

As Smith Dawson is a studio that I have identified I want to do a placement at I have got in touch with them by using a very direct approach. I sent an email over to their contact address from my business email (hello@matt-fraser.co.uk) essentially introducing myself, explaining that I'd like to a placement with them. I included a link to my new website so that they could quickly and easily check out my portfolio. I managed to receive a response within a matter of days asking which days I was free to go in and have a chat. The email conversation can be seen below.





As I was in London at the time to meet Stu from Utopia Productions I was able to go in to Smith Dawson's studio the day after receiving a reply. Myself and Mark had a quick chat and I took him through some of my projects. He has offered me a week placement starting on the 5th March. This is fantastic as they are a design studio that I would like to work with. Mark said that I should do more than a week with them; however, due to the amount of projects I need to do in the OUGD603 module I said that we should further discuss dates after I finish Uni. He was happy with this and I am going to go and work at the studio next week for 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment