Friday, February 9, 2018

OUGD602 - Getting In Contact With Nigel Robers & Brains & Hunch

Over the previous Summer period I met up with Nigel Roberts, founder of the design agency Leopold Ltd. Keeping good relations with him is important as he has some great contacts and industry experience. To keep this contact going I met up with Nigel last week and went for a few drinks with him in London. We had a good catch up and I asked him whether he needs a hand with any projects; however, as he is mainly a freelancer, he told me that he isn't too busy at the minute.

Nigel has been following my DJing progression on social media and asked me a fair bit about how it is all going. After discussing music for a while I asked whether he knows any music studios that I could get in contact with to potentially gain some experience at. He is very well connected and told me that his close friends run a music agency called Brains & Hunch. They work with a huge range of clients, such as Dreamworks, Disney, BBC, Google, MTV, Virgin, Sony & more, writing music for films and ads. After the catch up I texted Nigel and asked if he could possibly reach out to them and ask if they could let me come down to work at the studio for a few days. The conversation was as follows:





I rang Tom from Brains & Hunch earlier today explaining a little about myself, my affiliation with Nigel and why I am getting in contact. The conversation was really laid back and Tom was very friendly. He said that I am welcome to come in at any time to check out their studios and help out with any ongoing projects. I have explained that I am very busy with Uni work and told Tom that I will get back in contact with him in a few months to discuss potential dates. He was fine with this and said he looks forward to hearing back from me. This is great as I have the opportunity to gain some experience outside of the field of graphic design.


No comments:

Post a Comment