Tuesday, March 27, 2018

OUGD602 - Successful, Paid Freelancer Contest


One website that I used to use a lot before coming to University is Freelancer.com. It has a ton of paid graphic design contests on it which are free to enter. Yesterday I went back on to see if there were any quick live briefs that I could do. I came across the following brief:









The fee for winning this brief was $250, which I thought was a lot for such a simple brief. Because of this I chose to submit a design to the contest. The initial design submitted was as seen below:




The client rated the entry 5/5 stars and gave me some feedback regarding the number 2 being changed. I made a few different further variations in response to his feedback and submitted again.




The client rewarded my following outcomes as the winning entry:





From spending roughly half an hour on this brief I managed to win $250. I spoke to the client and he said that one of the reasons for why he picked me was because there are many Asian designers on freelancer who aren't that good at client communications. This is one aspect that has opened my eyes to how I have an advantage in this sense. As there are regular contests on Freelancer I am going to try and complete some more after University to see whether I could make some extra income from spending less than hour of my time a day on briefs like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment