Saturday, March 17, 2018

OUGD602 - Can You Cash In & Not Sell Out? Talk & Further Contact With Brains & Hunch




Yesterday I went to a talk at the Northern Monk brewery in Leeds. This featured talks from graphic artists DR.ME and Danish beer designer/illustrator, Nanna Guldbæk.





It was very interesting to hear both speakers give their different takes and approaches to design; however, Nanna Guldbæk's talk really inspired me. What I find fascinating is that she is a graphic designer for Norway’s most famous beer brand whilst studying at University. Furthermore her degree is in product design, which is not that closely related to graphic design. This related to me on a personal level because I have been working as a producer/DJ whilst studying a completely different subject for the previous 2 years. This talk opened my eyes to how I don't necessarily have to go into graphic design after University and that I could branch out and follow my passion of music.

Inspired by this I rang Tom from Brains & Hunch back up and asked if I could come and work with them for a few days before I head off travelling. They said that they would be more than happy for me to come down and work with them for a few days; therefore, we have arranged a rough date for me to go down the week before I head off travelling. This will give me the chance to see what they do and whether it is an area that I could consider studying further in/moving into in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment