Wednesday, April 18, 2018

OUGD602 - DJ Dates & Time Management

I have done more DJing this past year than I have ever before. This has been extremely challenging to juggle with my University work; however, due to the use of contracts and carefully considered time planning I have managed to play on all the dates seen below.

Overall, doing so has drastically improved my time management skills. As every gig completed involves money and people relying on me to turn up, I have had to learn to be very organised. In terms of Uni this year I have been thorough with my design time plans. I feel that this has been directly informed by my DJing and is something that has helped me a lot with staying on track. As I am very motivate to improve in music and do well I feel that this mindset has also been translated to my design practice.

At the end of 2nd year I received summative PPP feedback. The main comment made was that music may get in the way of my design work and that I may have to pick between the two; however, this has not been the case, as I have put as much time as I can into both areas. I aim to continue using time plans after University to ensure that I continue to be very organised and professional in all practices.







No comments:

Post a Comment