Friday, April 20, 2018

OUGD602 - Design Strategy Presentation Plan & Creation


For the presentation I used the brief sent out:

You will deliver a 10 minute presentation (powerpoint or similar) that communicates and summarises your individual creative ambitions, career plans, design strategies and professional activities.
These may include although not limited to:
Studio visits and open days
Industrial/work experience/placements
Professional activities
Live briefs
Visiting professional talks/workshops
Portfolio surgeries and creative CV workshops
Information of conferences, talks, exhibitions...
Timetables, schedules and strategies 
Individual external engagement appropriate to your studies

When considering what plan to take I thought that it would be easiest to start with the aims that I had coming into this year. I knew that I wanted to focus on branding, motion and music this year and my other two aims were to get a placement or two and plan life after Uni. This is the focus of the first few slides.







I then plan to expand on the aims, moving through the 3 main areas that I have focused on this year. In terms of branding projects I have completed many this year, such as Creative Conscience, Sierra and Deceit. At the start of the year I stated that I want to focus predominantly on live briefs to get my work out there, build communication skills with clients and prepare myself for working on real-life projects after University. Therefore, I am going to highlight that I have tried to meet my aims, as these are all live briefs.

I am also going to talk about the benefits of my personal branding project in this module and how having my work online in a clear, consistent manner allowed me to get a placement at Smith Dawson - a branding studio in London.


















I then aim to move on to motion, how I managed to get a placement with an editing company and how I learnt that corporate motion work is something that I don't want to pursue. Motion examples of my work will be included in this stage by using Keynote.





The last area of work that I will talk about is music, and how it has helped to benefit my design practice - particularly in regards to time management, organisation and professionalism. I am also going to talk about how I have incorporated my music interests into the OUGD603 module this year, and how a talk by Nana Goldbaek inspired me to get in contact with a music production studio in London called Brains & Hunch - who have offered me the chance to go and work with them for a few days after University.
















The final section of the presentation will focus on my last aim of planning life after University. I will highlight my travelling plan that has been booked, my aim to move to London in September and ambition to get a job in either design or music.












No comments:

Post a Comment