Wednesday, January 31, 2018

OUGD602 - New Client | Dazed


After working with Dazed for a while now, in terms of my DJing, I offered my motion graphics services to them for the first time. They required a 20 second-max video that essentially takes all the information, seen in the cover photo below, and quickly animates it in a fast, simple way.



By using some new audio visual software that I have been experimenting with and Adobe After Effects, I was able to complete a video within 20 minutes. The colour scheme was kept the same as in the cover photo, and animations were matched with a So Solid Crew song - the main headliners of the event. The outcome sent to Dazed can be seen below. This was shared across their social media pages and event, which gets my work out thousands of viewers.



As they identified that I am very efficient with motion graphics, they gave me an offer to become their designer from September 2018 onwards. Their offer was £300 a month to complete the majority of design work needed. I did not agree this, as the amount of work could be too substantial; however, I said that we can work something out nearer the time. Their current designer will be leaving them in September; therefore, I aim to fill the gap and work with Dazed in the future. I think that a daily or hourly rate would be more effective, as that way I can fairly judge the amount of work and ensure that the outcomes are to a high quality.


No comments:

Post a Comment