Saturday, January 13, 2018

OUGD602 - Contracts & Setting Fees High


Very recently I have begun using a contract when dealing with clients for DJ jobs. This was created by Dazed and is signed by every promoter before an event. The rough layout used for each gig can be seen below.





From dealing with clients and using contracts it has made me realise how important it is to value your services highly and that it very beneficial to charge clients a slightly higher price than you feel is normally representative of your time. For a large majority of gigs, promoters try to bring the fee down after you have told them how much your services are. Therefore, by setting the price higher to begin with you are able to get the fee you want in the end.

This is what I aim to apply in my design practice when dealing with clients. Obviously fee proposals and estimates should not be excessive and each situation is different; however, I have learnt from music that under selling myself is something that I will not do in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment