Wednesday, October 18, 2017

OUGD602 - Context ME! - Strategy, Design Development & Production


Strategy - After analysing the style of work that Spy produces, it became clear that the majority of their outcomes are physically to a very high-quality. Some of which can be seen below.






Inspired by this aspect, I aimed to produce something physical and tangible that Spy could keep as part of their office. In terms of their name, I thought that it could be interesting as a concept to illustrate their office and revolve my approach around the concept of the term 'I Spy', attempting to link their studio with my practice.

The difficulty in this was that I am based in Leeds and their studio is in London. As time was restricted, I used Google Maps to view the exterior of their building. The image was warped in Photoshop and then imported into Illustrator where I was able to create a vector drawing of the exterior.







The final illustration was printed on some high-quality, textured paper and put inside an A3 frame. I was very happy with the outcome - the print came out very clear and it worked well with the white frame edges.





To tell Spy a little about myself, I made a card to go along with the framed poster. For this, I wanted the tone of voice to be fun and a bit different than a serious, formal approach. To do so, I integrated some of my personal interests and hobbies into the message, alongside why I have made the piece and what I hope to get out of it. My contact details have also been included so that Spy could get in contact with me, if they want to. As Spy tend to use bold, contrasting colours, I opted for black and orange, as these are colours that work with that particular style and they can be used to link to my DJ branding. The printed note can be seen below.




The final outcome for this task has been packaged up in brown paper and I am taking it down to London, where my Dad will be able to hand-deliver it on Monday. It would be very expensive to post and may break; therefore, I thought this was a more efficient way about going about the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment