Monday, April 10, 2017

OUGD502 - Studio Brief 01 - Paid Live Brief: Bizarre Events


As I spend a lot of my free time producing music and playing at various gigs I am in contact with a lot of music promoters on Facebook. Recently, I was asked to rebrand a night called 'Bizarre'. The agreement was to deliver a final PNG logo for an agreed fee.

Initial ideas were based off of some sketches that the promoter over on Facebook. He essentially wanted to incorporate either a sound wave or speaker into 'Bizarre' type. Based on this, a range of initial were produced in Illustrator. These were sent over to the client on Facebook where we were able to regularly communicate. As we are both very active on social media, I was able to make the design process very efficient due to getting feedback very quickly.



Out of the ideas presented he liked the bottom left-two bold, white logos the most. He suggested combining the two and incorporating the sound wave into the letter 'A'. After a little more work I produced the logo below.

The promoter was very happy with this and paid me to use it for the brand. Completing such a brief was great, as it has resulted in more work coming from the same promoter. A few posters created for various upcoming events can be seen below.
















This brief has taught me that it is important to charge by time spent, especially when working on social media, as people ask for small changes much more frequently which can take time and eventually make the process extremely long-winded. I am definitely going to try and keep in contact with this promoter however and work on further posters, alongside reaching out to some other promoters to try and find some more work. I have a lot of contacts in the music scene so this is a possible way to make some more money in Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment