Friday, November 10, 2017

OUGD602 - Context ME! - Response & Task Evaluation


A week after sending the framed poster and message I received an email from Ben Duckett - the co-founder of Spy. His email was as follows:






As I used hello@matt-fraser.co.uk, Spy would have checked out the website associated with the email, which hasn't yet been created. This is one thing that I need to do this year, as it is clear that studios firstly look straight at your website. In response to this, I sent over a portfolio of some of my more physical work. This was an attempt to try and appeal to their style, which was identified at the start of this task. My response email was:

The portfolio attached can be seen below:



Unfortunately, after a follow up email and a few weeks I did not hear back from Spy. Whether this was down to the work included in my portfolio or my late email responses, I do not know. It is a shame that I did not get to go and visit Spy and work for them; however, in a sense, this task has taught me two main things - that having an online portfolio (website) is crucial, and that you should not be disheartened if things do not go to plan.

Only a few people in the class were able to secure placements through this task, therefore I am determined to secure some later this year. The strategy did work to grab their attention and receive an email however; I feel that I need to focus more on my portfolio and online presence as a whole in the following months to ensure that I appeal more to studios I want to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment