Thursday, May 4, 2017

OUGD502 - Studio Brief 01 - Summer Plan


Thinking ahead I really want to put myself in a confident position going into Level 06. As I have gained quite a few contacts this year and completed various live briefs I want to keep this up to ensure that it is not a challenge to get work out there when starting back in September. Some of my main aims and ambitions that I hope to complete can be read below.



Re-contact Leopold Ltd - A while back I worked with the creative director of Leopold Ltd - a design company based in London - producing a poster for a live play. After just recently setting up a Linkedin account Nigel, the creative director, invited me to connect. Thankfully through this I will be able to get in touch with him again and catch up in Summer over a pint. As it has been over 2 years since I last met Nigel I will be able to show him how my work has developed and hopefully help out with some projects over the Summer period.







Improve Behance Exposure - As myself and Harrison have finished the Deuce publication we are going to upload it to Behance to try and gain some further exposure. Hopefully Deuce will appreciate it and give us a hand in promoting it online. As many professionals have highlighted the importance of Behance for getting jobs when leaving University, I really need to start building my profile and getting a lot more interest in my work. I therefore intend to spend a lot of time on re-organising projects and finding better ways to get them seen.





Deuce Studios - As Deuce were interested in the Designbytwo page, I really want to make sure that I keep in contact with them so that I can continue to get feedback from them through Level 06. I am hoping to potentially get some work experience with them this Summer; however, this may not be a possibility as they currently don't have a proper design studio.

Deuce have a fantastic website and have a lot of contacts in London. As this is where I want to eventually work after graduating, they are definitely worth keeping close with to try and make the process of finding a job easier at the end of Level 06.





Freelance - As I have worked for Bannenberg & Rowell this year, as well as a theatre group and event promoter, I want to try and continue using these contacts to enlarge my portfolio and make some money over Summer. Continuing to freelance will improve my negotiating skills and communication skills with clients, and will make taking on the live briefs in Level 06 much more straightforward. I hope to enter a lot of competitions next year; therefore, want to keep up my design work to ensure that I will be able to produce the best work possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment